Jul 28, 2015

Book Review: The Rumor

It's been more than a year since I posted any Book reviews on my blog. Even though the main focus of this blog is nail art, once in a while I like to share my Henna art, my travel experience or book review of the latest book that I read.

Recently one of my followers on Instagram asked me to post the review of a book I read. Some other's asked me to post the review of every book I am reading. This made me think why not start posting book reviews regularly.


So here is the the review of a latest book that I read. The book is a new one called THE RUMOR from one of my favorite author's – Elin Hilderbrand. I have read all her books and love each and every one of them. The Rumor released in June, 2015 and me being her biggest fan had to read it rightaway.

Elin Hilderbrand's novels have all been set on and around Nantucket Island (she lives on that Island). Reading her novel makes you want to go and live on that island in summer. The story of THE RUMOR, as the name suggests, is about a set of rumors surrounding the families of two best friends Madeline and Grace. Some of the rumors are true and some are just made up. From beginning to end this book keeps delivering! You won't be able to put it down. The characters are real and story line is great. You will fall in love with Grace's garden ( I wanted to sit on the Adirondack chair and stare at the harbor for hours) and would want to eat the lunch spread, that she makes. This is a great story of how a small rumour can effect everything in that person's life and all those around them too.

If you haven’t read Elin Hilderbrand books, then run to the nearest library or book store and start now with whichever book of hers, you find first. My first book of Elin Hilderbrand was Castaways. I saw the book at a book fair and decided to borrow it from the library so I can try the author and her writing. By the time I was finished with it, all her books were already in my library queue and new ones were pre-ordered. I assure you that you will be addicted with her books and would want to read each and every one of them. Her writing style is clean and easy, which is what I prefer.

I would rate The Rumor 5/5. A must read (I finished it in 4 days).

What do you think of this new Book Review section on the blog? Do you like it? Would you like to see more book reviews in this space? If so then let me know in the comments section below. If you want to see which book I am reading - look up the tag #sonyreads on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment