Aug 19, 2015

Tutorial: Pink and Blue Waves

Hi All, I created a step-by-step tutorial for you all to create Ikat print nail art from my last post.


For this nail art you would need -
1. Nail Polishes - Pink, Light Pink, Blue, Light Blue, Silver, White.
2. A thin nail art brush.
3. Top Coat.
4. Base Coat.

Step 1. To start, first paint your nails with a base coat to protect your nails.

Step 2. When the base coat is dry, on top of it paint your nails with a base polish. I used my favorite white polish Butter London's Cotton Buds. Make sure you polish dries completely, before you attempt step 3.

Step 3. Now using a nail art brush, create a random wave like pattern using the blue polish on 1/4 th part of the nail. For blue polish I used Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away.

Step 4. Using pink color (I used Zoya's Lolly), repeat step 3. Make sure this one is away from the Blue wave design and you can see white in between them. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Step 5. Now using a light blue polish and a very thin nail art brush, outline your blue wave on both the ends. Be careful not to make the outline too thick as you still want to see the original blue. Light Blue I used here is Zoya's Blu.

Step 6. Repeat Step 5 with light pink this time (Butter London's Fruit Machine), for the pink wave.

Step 7. Now using the silver polish (Sally Hansen's Celeb City) make random silver waves around the light blue and light pink polishes.

Step 8. Once all the nail art is dry, seal it with your favorite top coat. I used Formula X's Top Coat, my new favorite. That's it, EASY isn't it.

HERE is a quick recap:


If you liked this pictorial and would like to see more of these for other nail art designs, let me know in the comments section below. You can also communicate with me on Facebook and Instagram. If you recreate this design, tag me, would love to see your take on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment