Nov 16, 2015

Book Review: The Accidental Apprentice

Hello Friends, I received a overwhelming response from my last review (Thank You Readers) so I decide to post another review of the book that I finished reading yesterday. "The Accidental Apprentice" by Vikas Swarup. This is his third book, he is famous for his first book called "Q & A" which was later made into the Oscar-winning movie Slumdog Millionaire. The Accidental Apprentice was released in 2013 and it was recently that I came across the title and decided to give it a read. Even though I have watched Slumdog Millionaire, this is my first book that I read by the author.

From the beginning the book is easy to read with a story of seven tests, given to the main character named Sapna Sinha. She is a normal salesgirl at one of India’s many electronics shops when she is approached one day by a man named Vinay Mohan Acharya, supposed head board member in charge of the ABC Group. Vinay Mohan Acharya offers to Sapna, if she can past his seven tests that he will make her the CEO of the ABC Group, which comes with a multi-million dollar yearly salary. And hence starts the tests and the story proceeds. The story gets very addicting and can be called sort of a thriller to read. At the end I was convinced the story has enough masala and thrill to be made into a Bollywood movie, only to read somewhere that they are making a movie already, based on this book.

Parts of the book will make you cry with Sapna and her family, others will make you frustrated with the description of corruption happening in the country. The book builds up nicely, with Sapna’s tests becoming more and more personal and harder to separate from, and the climax was something which I never expected - which made me like the book even more. I would rate this book 4/5.


To see the details of the nail art featured above, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment