Dec 6, 2015

Book Review: The Girl on the Train

Hello Friend's, today's review is the New York Times Bestseller The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. The book has been so popular among the readers that after 250 holds in library and a long wait I could get my hands on it only few weeks ago. I was really excited to read the book and expected it to be an "un-put-down-able" thriller but all that fell flat after I started reading the book and was into few chapters. First and foremost the main character of the story Rachel is made so pathetic and unreliable that I lost half the interest right there (If you have read my previous reviews, you would know, strong, independent women are my kinda heroines).

The story proceeds with a "missing person" plot and no its not Rachel that goes missing, she is not even remotely related to the whole drama but decides to meddle in it anyways because yes, she is that pathetic and has nothing better to do with her life. Two other female characters are added in the book Anna and Megan. Megan is the one with intriguing character but that's where it ends and has nothing more to offer to the story. After the introduction of all the characters the story proceeds into a suspense novel. I did become quite interested in the mystery. I wanted to know what happened to Megan and why. I also wanted to see if Rachel would ever grow a backbone and get herself together. I didn't foresee the changes happening in the climax so that was a plus point. Anyway, my final rating for The Girl on the Train is 2/5, in-spite of the rave reviews it got from other readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment