Apr 24, 2017

Book Review: One Indian Girl

A lot of you have asked me on Instagram, to post the reviews of the books I have been reading and its been a while since I posted any book reviews on my blog(even though I have read a LOT of books), so I decided to post one. The book that I am reviewing today is by an Indian author - Chetan Bhagat. He has authored a number of popular books and most of them have been made into movies already. One of the reasons Chetan Bhagat's books are popular are because he writes very simple and easy to read books with relate-able stories. Which is why some of the readers who think they are oh-so-superior by reading (and pretending to complete) books like Ulysses and Fountainhead - find his writing below there standards. I do not believe in such BS and have read all his books and was waiting to get my hands on his latest one - One Indian Girl.

One Indian Girl, as the title suggests, is a story about an Indian girl,Radhika, who is smart, successful and well to do, but at the same time faces a bunch of challenges and social myths which every girl typically faces in Indian society. The narration of the story is done very nicely and there was not a single point where I felt it was getting dull or uninteresting. The author has done a commendable job in writing and portraying Radhika's (the protagonist's) character. Full marks for voicing a girls thoughts and dilemmas, totally relate-able. The climax was unpredictable and I enjoyed the way the story ended. Though it was a good read, it was lacking the wow factor that some of Bhagat's previous books had. I rate this book 3/5.

Overall I would say it is a good book for a perfect weekend read (I finished reading it in 2 days). Read it if you can get your hands on a copy. Also read the other book reviews posted by me by clicking HERE.


If you want to see what I am currently reading, you can do so by clicking HEREand following me on Instagram. Happy Reading.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like very interesting books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear! For sure the manicure is well combined with the cover of the book!

    It is interesting the book, I like these kind of themes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally unplanned but when I saw it matched I had to take a pic :)

      Delete
  3. I love that your mani matches the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally unplanned but when I saw it matched I had to take a pic :) he he ;)

      Delete
  4. I see some fiery nails here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he .. I haven't shared them yet on my blog, will do that soon :)

      Delete