Nov 16, 2014

Travelogue: Big Sur, California

So my first post on travel received a lot of praise. Everyone loved hearing about my vacation and enjoyed the pictures so much that I decided to create another travel related post on my blog. A little distraction from my nails. You can see my previous and first post in the Travelogue series here.

This time the destination is Big Sur in Central California. I have lived in California for almost 2 years now and have never been to Big Sur before. I have heard about its beauty and scenic drive along the coast so much that I decided it will be our next destination for travel.

I cannot even being to describe how beautiful Big Sur is. The scenic drive along on California State Route 1 along the Pacific Coast is breathtaking. Beautiful spots and turnouts for pictures gives you ample photo opportunity. The name "Big Sur" is derived from the original Spanish-language "el sur grande", meaning "the big south", or from "el paĆ­s grande del sur", "the big country of the south". Enough talking already? So now time for some pictures. Hope you like them.

Elephant Seals lazing around

Typical Foggy Big Sur

Rugged and awesomely beautiful Big Sur coastline

Saving myself from the Sun

Paradise Falls

Historic Bixby Bridge

Some peaceful "ME" time

No comments:

Post a Comment