Sep 17, 2014

List of my Top 10 books

I was tagged by one of my friend's on facebook to list my top 10 books. Now those of you know me well, know what an avid reader I am. I don’t read as much as I used to read before but I manage to read a book or two in a month. So instead of just posting my list on facebook, I decided to post it on my blog as well. These books may or may not have been life-changing for me but I have definitely enjoyed reading them, some of them more than once. So here it goes –

1. Little Women – Louisa May Alcott:
A Classic. What more can I say. It is my all-time favorite book which I have lost count of how many times I have read. The movie adaption was equally good if I may say so.


2. To Kill a mockingbird – Harper Lee
This is a surprise for me as well. While I was reading this book, I wasn’t sure if I liked it but once I was finished I had to agree with the rest of the world. I book was really good and well written and I couldn’t help but add it to my top 10 list.

3. The Palace of Illusions – Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
MUST READ. These are the two words I can describe the book in. This book is rendition of “Mahabharat” from Draupadi’s point of view. Very interesting, very addicting, you won’t put down the book until its finished. You can read the review of this book HERE. It’s a shame I don’t own a copy of this one. Definitely on my wishlist .


4. The Help – Kathryn Stockett
I never thought I would enjoy reading a social drama with such serious theme. The way author portrayed each character with compassion and humor while letting a serious story flow is amazing. Very well written.

5. Garden Spells – Sarah Addison Allen
Oh Gosh. My most FAVORITE author ever. I love love love all books written by Sarah Addision Allen. It was hard to choose just one book so I listed her very first book here. All her books are MAGICAL. You need to read one to understand what I am talking about. If I know you personally, I would have recommended her books to you one time or another. You must remember me reviewing her latest book Lost Lake. If you don’t read the review here.


6. Beautiful Day – Elin Hilderbrand
Another one of my favorite author. Her books are based in Nantucket and I have enjoyed reading every one of them.


7. Malgudi Days by R.K.Narayan
If you are of Indian nationality, you would know why I listed it here. This book reminds me of my childhood. Why just the book? Even the tele-series based off this novel as well.

8. Beneath a Marble Sky – John Shors
A Surprisingly a well written book by an American Author that too about Indian Mugal history. I even own a signed copy by the author himself :)

9. Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
The mysterious novel where the narrator’s first name is never revealed and no she is not called Rebecca. Best-seller for sure.

10. Twilight Series – Stephanie Meyer
Best series ever …didn’t take me long to become a Twihard.

No comments:

Post a Comment